7th Annual 5K Run Walk - October 22, 2017
For Immediate Release
GRAHAMTASTIC CONNECTION 7TH ANNUAL 5K RUN & WALK A HUGE SUCCESS
Mother Nature provided a perfect Fall day for Grahamtastic Connection’s 7th Annual Run and Walk on October 22nd. This annual event has grown each year with 233 participants walking or running this year. A large majority of the participants were children, and many people took advantage of this dog friendly race by running or walking their dogs along the scenic Mousam Trail.
Eleven year old Maddox Jordan from North Berwick, Maine, won the race with a time of 18:57. In case you think you are reading a typographical error, you are not! Yes, an eleven year old took first place in this year’s race. Congratulations to Maddox!
The top female runner was Lorna Damren from Portland, Maine, with an impressive time of 22:00. And the fastest four-legged participant was Murdock, led by his human, Eric Morse, from Berlin, Vermont, with a time of 19:01. The Kids Fun Run was won by Noah Johnson from Sanford, Maine.
Each year Grahamtastic holds a pledge team challenge. The third place pledge team winner this year was Sanford Alternative High School, raising $535, the second place pledge team winner was Nobel Middle School Field Hockey raising $850 and the first place winner was Massabesic Mustangs 6th-8th Graders raising $1,630. The Mustangs will be enjoying their pizza party prize soon.
Click Here for full race results.
Donna Perkins, Grahamtastic Board President states, “I’d like to thank our many sponsors, volunteers, and runners for making this another successful event. We can’t even begin to tell you how grateful we are for the support we received. Everyone seemed to be having a great time while, at the same time, helping a lot of kids. What could be better than that! ”
3nd Annual 5K - 2013
"In Grahamtastic race, everyone's a winner" - Fosters.com, Nov. 7, 2013 [read more...]
- Overall Male: Tristan Brown, 19:39, Overall Female: Christine Reaser, 22:52
- Under 14 Male: (Tie): Ben Dyer, 25:06, Maddox Jordan 25:06, Female: Abby Toothaker, 27:04
- 14-19 Male: Mitch Duncan, 21:59, Female: Shannon Lebel, 26:03
- 20-29 Male: Kyle Plante, 25:46, Female: Jenn Landez, 30:42
- 30-39 Matt Rouillard 24:46, Female: Senja Olivo, 25:53
- 40-49 Male: Kraig Mason 22:42, Noel Leigh, 25:35
- 50-59 Male: Chet Sawtelle 23:52 , Female: Julianne Daley, 24:18
- 60-69 Male Howard Spear, 29:47, Female: Joan Wright 30:54
- 70 and above Male: none, Female: Gail Jodway, 56:18
- Dog: Jake (human Jackie Guillemette), 31:23
- See complete race results.
2nd Annual 5K - 2012
"Grahamtastic Connection's race deemed a success" - Fosters.com, Nov. 22, 2012 [read more...]
- Overall Male: Yasake Baba, 18:43, Overall Female: Gabrielle Cyr, 18:42
- Under 14 Male: Tyler Hastings, 24:48, Female: Madison Leigh, 22.23
- 14-19 Male: Yasake Baba, 18.43, Female: Cassie Duranceau, 51.13
- 20-29 Male: Michael Rosenbeck, 30:44, Female: Elizabeth Macrum, 30:44
- 30-39 Male: Eric Gadbois, 20:04, Female: Kristen Grant, 25:55
- 40-49 Male: Greg Gaudreau, 24:40, Female: Katja Fox, 21:51
- 50-59 Male: Richard Briganti, 24:15, Female: Julianne Daley, 24:18
- 60-69 Male: N/A, Female: Bobbi MaCrum, 60:07
- 70 and above Male: Robert Randall, 36:06, Female: N/A
- Dog: Dog: Jethro, 30:35
- See complete race results.